Video is quickly becoming the most popular form of content homeowners engage with. Video lets you provide an experience with storytelling. The medium brings your referrals inside your business. It gives you the upper hand against your competition.
As simple as it is, video is king and fortunately for you, it is very easy to shoot, create, share and market. Watch and read below as we explain all the benefits of video and how you can start shooting quality videos today!
Why Contractors Need Video
Creating videos for your company, whether done professionally or with equipment you have on hand, is important. Video helps you stand out, builds an experience around your work, and allows you to make an emotional connection with your potential customers.
Video Helps You Stand Out
Want to stand out from your competition? A video will set you apart from the text-based and photo-based media that your competitors produce. Because of this, video is one of the largest and fastest growing digital marketing formats out there. In fact, 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their strategy.
Video Builds an Experience
For contractors, video helps build an experience around your work. While before and after photos are helpful and great to include on your website and social media, they don’t take customers on the journey like video does.
One of the most powerful ways that contractors can use video is to show the projects that they complete from start to finish. Walk your audience through jobs before they begin. Show them a little of what goes into the job throughout the project, and then wow them with the finished product.
Other great ways that contractors can utilize videos is through recorded testimonials. Having your customers talk about the work you did provides tremendous social proof and adds legitimacy to your business.
Videos Let You Create an Emotional Connection
Most importantly, video lets you create an emotional connection with your audience. It’s gives you a chance to let your personality shine and win customers over. Research shows that buyers rely on emotion to make purchases and utilize services, and video can build this connection better than any other format.
How to Easily Create Professional Videos
Worried about how you’re going to produce great looking video? Don’t sweat it! Here’s a few easy tips to creating good video for sharing on social media.
- Use a quality camera. Put away that old point and shoot from 2010. Smart phones of today typically have great quality, but if you want to take it up a notch, consider investing in an entry-level DSLR camera.
- Shine a little light. If you’re inside, open up blinds to let natural light in. This will help your subject stand out.
- Make sure it’s quiet. No one wants to hear a jackhammer in the background in your video. Make sure you record when it’s quiet.
- Use a free editing software. It’s easy to edit your videos with free editing software such as iMovie (for iPhones and Mac computers) that you can download to your phone or computer. You can also use this to include your logo, contact info, and more on your videos.
- Share your video. Perhaps most importantly, share your videos! They don’t serve much purpose if no one can see them. Share them to your social media platforms so your audience can see your beautiful work!
For more video tips, please see 5 Reasons Video Is Better Than Text Or Photos.
5 Construction Email Newsletters You’ll Want to Read
Oct 6, 2021
In "Industry News"
Video: Why Local Listings Matter
Oct 6, 2021
Video: Grow Your Business
Oct 6, 2021